Kentucky was a land of hunters and farmers initially before European infiltration began. This was the 15th state that state got itself into the union post the American Revolution in 1792 while Frankfort became the capital city a year later.
Technological advancement began in the state after World War II. The coalfields of this state tackled a lot of energy shortage for most parts of the country in 1970s. However, it became a majorly poverty-stricken state when the demand for coal diminished to a great extent. Later the state began to flourish again when Japanese manufacturers began investing in the automobile sector.
If you are planning to relocate to Kentucky and are worried about driving your car to such a large distance from your current town; do not worry. You can easily transport a vehicle to Kentucky with reliable shipping companies such as Ship a Car, Inc. They ensure that you receive your vehicles on time so that you do not face difficulties settling down in your new home.
Why moving to Kentucky could be the right choice for you?
The state has seen many downfalls and yet stands in unison with its citizens. If you wish to know the pros of relocating to the state, which marks the birth place of the president Abraham Lincoln then here are some key points that make Kentucky a good choice to move in:
- The state host one of the topmost universities in the nation and University of Lexington.
- If you are someone who enjoys being a part of rivalries between two state universities then you are at the right place.
- As far as employment is concerned automobile industry has a strong hold on the state with 2 major manufacturing facilities by Toyota and 1 by Ford.
- This state is quite popular for its bourbon trail and comprises of 11 distilleries.
- Buying and renting houses in Kentucky is not as expensive as in other major states of the nation.
- The most famous and delicious hot brown was created in Louisville, Kentucky and still makes the best hot browns in the country. In fact, it is a staple food of the state.
- You can have great time with your children over the weekend by hiking and climbing near the Red River Gorge.
- The state also has many parks and recreational areas so that you can relax from time to time after putting in a lot of hard work throughout the week.
- One of the main highlights of the state is its Derby season. This annual sport celebration is quite popular and sees a huge infiltration of people from across the nation to enjoy the festivities.
- You can easily manage to snap your weekend for a short trip to cool cities like Ohio because of the vicinity of this state to many such major cities.
Do you still doubt your decision to move to the state of Kentucky? We guess not. There are a lot of cool things to do and have a fun filled family life in this state. Employment is not a concern and living in the state is quite affordable too.